

After the wedding Stephanie and I took in Opera Idaho's presentation of the Barber of Seville at the Morrison Center. Like Die Fledermaus it was self-satirical and fun--not stuffy like a lot of people expect opera to be.
Since it was all in Italian there was a screen above the actors translating their lines. Some of the translations were especially amusing too ("she could give a seminar in working the system"). I'm sure they were a oft-used idioms in Rossini's Italy. ;-)
Stephanie has been thinking about the horn solo from the overture all day and is in the study playing it now. :)
1 comment:
You two are so great looking at the opera!!!
There is that bow tie once again!!
Yeah for Brandon...How fun!
This Blog is great.
Keep the pictures rolling.
I now have in in my favorites file.
Love Aunt Helen and Uncle Kurt!
Post a Comment