The cathedral in Lausanne is one of the most beautiful I've seen.
From this park you can see across Lake Geneva to the French Town of Evian (famous for their bottled water). On less overcast days you can see the French Alps as well.
We were pleasantly surprised to find palm trees in Lausanne.
The area around Lausanne is known as the Swiss Riviera for it's many terraced vineyards along the shores of Lake Geneva.
We had great weather every day on our trip. It was always sunny and in the 60s, but on the French side of our evening drive around Lake Geneva we ran into quite a fierce wind and rain storm that later turned to snow. Here I am trying to keep our 500 pound car on the narrow road.
Here's a snow covered field in France.
1 comment:
Wow!
These are awesome! What a different world...than Orofino...
but I love the daffodils with the palm tree.
You two are just marvelous!!! Marvelous I say!!!
Post a Comment